Interested in joining the ARC General Contracting team? We want to hear from you! We’re always on the look-out for construction crew, superintendents, project managers, or partners to help us provide the best service we can for our clients.
At ARC General Contracting we have high expectations for our employees and we make sure the compensation and benefit plans reflect our appreciation for their hard work.
Submit your resumé, and expect to hear from us in 2 to 3 business days.
- ARC General Contracting is proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status.
- The goal of every ARC Employee is: To build the Project on Time, Under Budget—i.e. within our Planned Profit Percentages and to address any Punch List Items or Warranty Items within 5 business days.
- The Superintendent promotes Productivity and Cooperation among all Sub-Contractors, Vendors, ARC Employees, Owner and Owner’s Representatives, Design Professionals, City and Country Officials, Representatives of Local Utilities (phone, electric, gas, water, sanitary waste) and any other Local Officials who may have Jurisdiction over the Project.
- The Superintendent assures that all necessary Inspections are scheduled and completed and approved in a timely manner.
- The Superintendent is the “historian” of the Project and helps maintain the following information:
- Daily Job Log and Pictures (Procore phone APP)
- ARC Project Manual
- Project List of Contactees
- Change Order Requests
- His or Her own Time Sheets located in Procore App as well as the Time Sheets of other non-managerial ARC Employees located in Procore App.
- Operations and Installation Manuals, Warranty Documents for compilation into an Owner’s Manual.
- City Approved Plans and All Approved Inspections.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide a Safe Working environment for all workers, the Owner and the Public.
- Provide a Clean Working environment for all workers, the Owner and the Public. Cleanliness on the Job Site promotes Safety.
- Planning and scheduling to insure adherence to the construction schedule.
- Coordinates with ARC and Owner’s Project Manager(s), vendors, subcontractors, and Owner for effective scheduling of daily work.
- Determines manpower, material, and equipment requirements and communicates these needs to the appropriate person(s) and/or vendor
- Directs daily activity of employees and vendors to ensure compliance with Safe Work Practices, Contract Documents, reviews the quality and quantity of work performed and assures security requirements to minimize losses due to theft or carelessness.
- Forecasts, through effective communication with all parties, the goals and needs of the Project to promote and maximize productivity.
- Any Other Duties as Assigned
- Supervises ARC Construction employees and/or contract laborers for ARC Construction. Has no authority or responsibility in taking disciplinary action against another ARC employee, but is required to report inappropriate behavior, education and/or experience.
- Minimum: High School Graduate, Preferred: (2) year Associates Degree in Construction Technologies, Optimum: (4) Year Degree in Construction Technologies. All ARC employees are encouraged to seek out continued and ongoing personal enrichment and education classes that are Construction Industry related—ARC will financially reimburse (with prior approval) its employees for successful completion of Educational Classes, Courses and Seminars. At times ARC will require attendance of certain classes or courses.
- ( 5 ) years of experience as a Construction Superintendent, Supervisor or lead workers in commercial construction.
- Demonstrated ability to express oneself in a professional manner both orally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the general public.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people.
- Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend Construction Documents (blueprints) and Specification Manuals.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as construction plans, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals and convey desired results.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before vendors, subcontractors, and employees.
- Ability to schedule, outline agendas, conduct and record PROGRESS MEETINGS with Vendors, Subcontractors, Owners and other interested parties in timely and effective manner.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to use laser leveling devices to check for elevations and for Quality Control.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in time sensitive or cost sensitive situations with safety being the overriding element.
- Must be able to work walking and/or standing for the scheduled workday.
- Must be able to lift up to (70) lb.
- Flexibility in work hours. May be required to work some Saturdays and/or evening hours based on project schedule.
- Willingness to travel including some overnight travel
- Valid driver’s license, to remain valid through employment
- The noise level occasionally may be loud, such as jack hammering, sawing, etc. Dust and particulates often present.
- Must be able to work in varying outdoor conditions during the summer months and winter months.
- Some projects may require travel.
Carpenter/Laborer position within an existing team comprised of 4 other skilled employees. A.R.C. General Contracting is a regional Commercial GC with lots of repeat clients. We have a strong benefit package which includes Competitive Wages, Health, Dental, Eyecare, Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment policy, matching 401K benefit. Wages starting in the $ 21 to 26 per hour range. Occasional overnight travel required. All travel is reimbursed.
Go to the Project page on our website arcgc.com to review our past work.
Carpenter Job Responsibilities:
· Installs running trim and sheet goods on walls, floors, ceilings, and roofs using materials such as: wood, steel, metal, concrete, plastics, and composites of multiple materials.
· Fits and installs window frames, doors, door frames, door hardware, interior and exterior trim using a carpenter’s level, plumb bob, and laser levels.
· Studies specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
· Shapes, sands or cuts materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws.
· Follows established safety rules and regulations and maintaining a safe and clean environment. OSHA 10 Hour minimum requirement.
· Builds, installs and/or repairs cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, hand tools, or power tools.
· Assembles and fastens materials to make frameworks, walls, low walls, furniture, art installations, wood shelving, glass shelving, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, adhesives or glue.
· Understands wood framing basics. Understands Metal Stud framing basics. Installs wood bucking, backing and blocking for installation of Doors, Cabinets and other wall mounted devices.
· Installs Drywall, plywood, FRP, cement board and other substrate and wall finish items.
· Installs caulking, sanding, sealing, puttying of nail holes and prepares surfaces for paint, stain or sealing preparation.
· Install Concrete Forms. Place and finish light duty concrete. Mostly interior.
· Moves necessary materials around jobsite as assigned.
· Cleans up worksite debris.
Carpenter Qualifications / Skills:
· Capable of receiving and following instructions and communicating with co-workers
· Able to read and adhere to labels, safety warnings, and guidelines
· Attentive to detail and always alert to ensure safety
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
· High school diploma is required
· 4 years of experience in commercial or residential carpentry
· Ability to comprehend schematic diagrams, blueprints, sketches, building plans and other specifications
· Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation. OSHA 10 hour or complete the course in 90 days.